Are you ready to join a stellar, non-profit organization? We are a team of seasoned and dynamic behavioral health care professionals making a difference in the lives of over 38,000 children, adults and families each year across Colorado. Our objective is to create an exceptional patient experience for everyone we see, and we are having a great time doing it! We are driven to breathe life into our mission of providing exceptional behavioral health care to our community, one patient at a time. You focus on the patient, and we'll take care of you!
AspenPointe, located in Colorado Springs, is the community mental health center for El Paso, Park and Teller counties and one of the largest community mental health centers in the state of Colorado. We provide a wide range of mental health and substance abuse services with supports extending far beyond the range of traditional community mental health settings. Our extensive history of behavioral health service backdrops our commitment to cutting edge technology in the care and treatment of clients with psychiatric issues. We promote the ideals of recovery, family systems, and community integration in the context of integrated best practice and evidence-based service delivery.
Colorado Springs has consistently been ranked as a top place to live in the United States. There is an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, downtown events, a rapidly developing restaurant scene, in addition to famous attractions such as Garden of the Gods and The Olympic Training Center. The culture of wellness that thrives in Colorado Springs is perfectly aligned to what we are creating for our employees, their families, and the patients we serve at AspenPointe!
Job Summary: The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the medical practice delivery system in accordance with the organization’s standards. This position serves as the medical leader of the organization by setting the vision for quality service delivery and standard of care. The CMO ensures quality patientcare is at the center of all AspenPointe service delivery models, staff expectations and performance, decision making, and culture. Responsible for developing and implementing procedures, policies and best medical practices.
- Sets vision/direction and expectations for standards of care across all AspenPointe locations of care. This includes addressing service delivery across the age span and all levels of acuity served.
- Develops policies, protocols, procedures and staff expectations that support standards of care.
- Ensures annual formulary review and provides oversight of organizational prescribing patterns and outlier management.
- Demonstrates competence and confidence in leading all aspects of psychiatric performance including, but not limited to, financial, human resources, regulatory compliance, and risk and safety.
- Provides onsite leadership presence by rounding, coaching, and mentoring psychiatric providers and medical support staff at all AspenPointe sites, across all shifts and days of the week.
- Actively participates in the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of all psychiatric providers.
- Ensures weekly supervision, oversight and support for all psychiatric providers by way of a combination of individual one on one meetings, peer reviews, multi-disciplinary team meetings, and critical or adverse case reviews.
- Monitors emerging best practices and evidenced based models of care, evaluates implementation feasibility, and oversees integration and spread of best practices and evidenced based models of care.
- Oversees training and development of psychiatric team.
- Models and demonstrates superior client care by providing direct patient care, participating in staffing, team meetings and case reviews.
- Demonstrates quality driven leadership in all levels of meetings across the organization.
- Represents AspenPointe to the community and outside agencies such as medical societies, hospitals, professional organizations and community groups.
- Licensed Psychiatrist (MD/DO) in good standing and with no restrictions in the state of Colorado
- Active DEA license
- Board Certification in at least one psychiatric specialty area.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a lead or supervisory position.
- Ten years direct care experience preferred
- Leadership and executive experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and constructively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to build rapport and work closely and cooperatively with internal staff and external customers and community members. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as effective presentation skills.
AspenPointe is an approved employer for the National (HRSA) and State (CHSC) Loan Repayment Program. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Competitive compensation structure
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with company match of 100% up to 4%. Employee is fully vested at sign up.
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 1-week admin leave.
- 12 paid holidays
- Professional Development Allowance of $1,500
- Relocation Assistance/Sign- On Bonus Negotiable
- Additional Benefits
AspenPointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.