Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: US-CO-Parker | US-UT-Ivins
Category: Academic Administrative Faculty
Type: Regular Full-Time
Rocky Vista University is conducting a search for a
Chair of Biomedical Sciences / Structural Medicine.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirements. This position can be located in either the main campus in Parker, CO or at the campus in Ivins, UT. RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Plan, direct, implement programs, policies and procedures for the Department of Biomedical Sciences that ensures the integration of scientifically based, outcome evaluated clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences, and osteopathic principles and practices. Provide service to the university and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance biomedical knowledge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision to the faculty and staff of the Department of Biomedical Science, which includes the faculty and staff of Structural Medicine, in implementing the curricula for all university programs.
- Provide oversight and direction for the education and instruction of medical, graduate, and physician assistant students. Assist in planning active learning groups, laboratory experiences, and research opportunities.
- In collaboration with the vice-chair, supervise and evaluate the performance of the department's faculty and staff annually or as indicated by policy, report evaluations to the Dean, and make recommendations for discipline, promotion, and recognition of the faculty. Develop a culture of excellence, continuous improvement/development, and advancement for each of the faculty members.
- In collaboration with the vice-chair, prepare financial and budgetary plans and help oversee expenditures of the department(s) in coordination with the Dean/CAO and in keeping with the department's strategic plan.
- Provide mentorship to all faculty in the department(s).
- Assist in planning and delivering ongoing faculty development activities.
- Participate as a member of the RVU leadership team in meetings.
- Help convene and/or preside over department meetings in conjunction with the vice-chair.
- Participate in prospective student interviews and be involved in recruiting and admissions processes.
- Anticipate human resource needs for the department and when the need arises, coordinate the recruiting and interview process for new faculty and staff with the Human Resources Department and make hiring recommendations to the Dean/CAO.
- Be readily available for student advising, tutoring, remediation and academic counseling.
- Provide service to the university community and students through participation on university and department committees while providing leadership, mentorship, and expertise to students and faculty. Participate in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Dean/CAO.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the college's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in the training, assessment and evaluation of students, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure all core competencies and entrustable professional activities are met.
- Participate in the assessment/evaluation of departmental faculty and provide feedback, mentorship, and development to the faculty as a portion of the colleges ongoing quality improvement and assessment program as needed.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency within your specialty field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of the University through personal career advancement.
- Participate in scholarly activity which includes publications and local and national presentations representing the University.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean's Office or the President's Office.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership, delegation, and time management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in scholarly activity and publication.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the area of studied expertise as well as ability to deliver content appropriate for the level of learner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of content delivery via varied curriculum templates.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate faculty, staff, and students.
- Terminal degree (PhD, DO, or MD) required.
- Five (5) years of academic experience as a full time faculty member at a College of Medicine.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the area of medical education.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the area of research and scholarly activity.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership, productivity, and administrative experience in a College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Experience developing and administering biomedical/anatomical curricular content to graduate, medical, and other health care professional students.
- Experience expanding and advancing biomedical science programs.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.