POSITION: Behavioral Wealth Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive VP, Client Experience & Operations
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
Are you an experienced psychotherapist looking for new ways to make a positive impact on the lives of others? Do you want to apply your clinical skills in a new field? Are you convinced that greater wealth alone does not create greater meaning, purpose and joy?
We’re looking for Behavioral Wealth Specialists who want to be part of an organization that’s in the forefront of developing a new kind of wealth advisory firm. At JOYN, we’ve invested a decade developing a new wealth management model called Behavioral Wealth Management - a service model focused on helping our clients use the power of their wealth to build extraordinary lives. This model recognizes that money matters, it’s just not all that matters. Be part of a team environment which integrates what we believe to be exceptional investment advice + outstanding wealth management + the wisdom of behavioral science.
If you are looking for a new and innovative opportunity in making a difference in the lives of others, consider joining our team as we seek to revolutionize the wealth management world. Our vision is to change the way America thinks about money.
MISSION OF A JOYN BEHAVIORAL WEALTH SPECIALIST
The mission of a Behavioral Wealth Specialist at JOYN is to help our clients make better decisions by exploring the underlying reasoning and biases that influence them. This role is responsible for working with our clients to ensure that they are using all their resources, not just money, to make choices that are right for themselves and their loved ones.
- In collaboration with the JOYN team, deliver a complete Behavioral Wealth Management experience. Success will be measured with two metrics.
- Clients respond positively to an annual survey asking if JOYN helped them make a better life decision during the prior 12 months
- The advisory team will have a 97% or greater client retention rate
- On an ongoing basis, positively participate in and contribute to output of one to two JOYN forums (teams, committees, advisory councils, etc.) to enhance Behavioral Wealth Management delivery.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Help our clients make important life decisions in a centered, clear, and confident mindset
- Help our clients gain clarity about their deepest values and what they truly want as they make decisions based on our paradigm of a meaningful and joyful life
- Help our clients identify the non-financial costs and benefits when faced with a decision
- Create a supportive and non-judgmental relationship with our clients
ROLE-BASED COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Emotional Intelligence – Empathizes with and understands the emotions and motivations that underlie human behavior (i.e., how well one reads other people and him/herself)
- Meeting Facilitation – Ability to use a systemic approach to confidently guide complex, emotional conversations with clients, whether the client be an individual, couple, or family
- Learning Mindset – Dedication to ongoing learning in areas of human psychology and Behavioral Wealth Management along with the ability to quickly learn and put into practice Behavioral Wealth Management tools
- Building and maintaining relationships: Ability to build and maintain trust and open communication with clients to better assist them through decisions and times of crisis
- Communication – Communicates clearly using verbal, nonverbal, and written skills; demonstrates clear understanding and use of language
- Collaboration – Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and cooperate, as appropriate, with internal team members and members of the client’s support network
- Application of Knowledge – Ability to apply knowledge of human behavior, including behavioral biases, in evaluating client progress towards their goals, specifically focusing on the needs of affluent families
- Knowledge of Individual and Family System Dynamics – Ability to help clients explore dynamics that affect decision-making and reach resolution.
CULTURE-BASED COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- We Are Purpose Driven
- We Provide Candor with Kindness
- We Support Each Other and Our Team
- We Do What Is Right
- We Have a Continuous Improvement Mindset
- We Innovate and Lead
- We Consistently Exhibit Positive Energy
- Master’s degree in: Psychology, Social Work or Counseling
- Experience in providing individual, couples, or family therapy, ideally with affluent families.
- Familiarity with positive psychology, subjective well-being, psychology of money, and/or behavioral finance is a plus.
- Willingness to learn basic financial literacy concepts.