Behavioral Sciences Faculty Position, UCSF SOD
Behavioral Sciences Clinician: Clinical Psychologist (PhD), Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (DNP or DNSc) or Licensed Psychiatric Social Worker (DSW)
Attending Behavioral Sciences/ Mental Health Faculty in the Division of Behavioral Sciences and Community Dental Education and Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences at the UCSF School of Dentistry.
The University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry invites applications for Behavioral Sciences/ Advanced Mental Health Clinicians to join the faculty and engage in teaching, mentoring, clinical co-treatment, and service. Start dates are variable, and this position will be filled in a rank and series commensurate with experience.
• Advanced Mental Health Practitioner at the doctoral level: PhD, DSW, DNSc or DNP; licensed to practice in California at the time of hire.
• Experience: minimum 5 years or equivalent.
• Demonstrated clinical skills in intake evaluation, health care communication, motivational interviewing, anxiety management, and conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated teaching skills in large and small group settings.
• Demonstrated clinical, educational, and administrative skills with a strong commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator.
• Demonstrated cultural humility in working with underserved, vulnerable, and culturally diverse populations.
• Strong medical background
• Psychiatric emergency service experience
• Teach dental students behavioral sciences curriculum using innovative and engaging active learning methods in large and small group settings.
• Work collaboratively with dental & biomedical sciences faculty to teach inter-professionally.
• Engage in innovation /continual improvements in educational programs.
• Consult with clinic directors, program directors, and faculty, and intervene to assist students managing challenging patients in the student dental clinic.
• Engage in professional development as an educator and clinician.
• Opportunity for clinical practice
• Opportunity for research
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/1446575