Carle is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and strategic clinical leader with a proven track record to oversee and advance our comprehensive Behavioral Health System.
Opportunity Details Include:
- Provide overall clinical executive leadership for the Behavioral Health System at Carle, including psychiatry, psychology, and all associated sub-specialties; addiction recovery services; consult/liaison and crisis intervention services; and the primary care collaborative care model
- Set and implement a strategic vision for Behavioral Health that helps attain quality, patient experience, and growth goals, which includes the development of new clinical programs, expansion of services to new markets, and advancement of clinical research, teaching and education
- Medical Director will maintain a .50 clinical role in addition to .50 administrative role
- Established hospital employed group practice that consists of 4 Child Psychiatrists, 7 Adult Psychiatrists, 11 Ph.D. Psychologists, 13 Therapists, 14 Social Workers, 3 Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, 2 Psychometricians, 2.5 Addictionists, an outpatient Additions Nurse Practitioner, 4 addiction counselors, and one LCSW case manager
- Fully accredited Psychiatry Residency
- Teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, PhD in Psychology, or PsyD with a strong record as a respected clinician; certification in primary area of specialty: Psychiatry preferred; eligibility for Illinois licensure required
- Ten or more years of clinical practice in behavioral health; five years of progressive leadership experience preferred
- Advanced degree such as a healthcare MBA, MHA, MMM or comparable formal education in healthcare management and leadership is desired
- Experience working in an academic setting and establishing research, teaching, and graduate medical education programs also ideal
Based in Urbana, Illinois, Carle is a vertically-integrated health system serving more than 1.4 million people in 14 communities across east central Illinois. Named one of America's 50 Best Hospitals in 2019 by Healthgrades, the 413-bed regional hospital is home to the area’s only Level I Trauma Center and Level III Perinatal Services. Carle Physician Group is physician-led and includes more than 500 doctors in 80 specialties and subspecialties providing patient-focused, world-class care. In 2018 Carle secured Great Place to Work® in Healthcare honors. Carle has also partnered with the University of Illinois to create the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
With a metro population of 195,000, Champaign-Urbana is Home to the "Big Ten" University of Illinois, a world-renowned university with a vast array of educational, arts, theatre, and athletic facilities, opportunities and events. Champaign-Urban has the sophisticated, cultural advantage of a large cosmopolitan area with a relaxed atmosphere while maintaining friendly, small-town hospitality.