The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling at Austin Peay State University seeks to fill a tenure-track faculty and PsyD Director of Training position at the rank of Associate/Full Professor in the area of Counseling Psychology beginning August 2019, pending program approval. The person hired for this position will be taking a lead role in the planning and implementation of a new PsyD program in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Military Counseling Psychology. The program has an anticipated opening of Fall, 2020. The program will submit a notice of “Intent to Apply” for APA accreditation during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Teaching, practice, and research areas are open, however, experience with military service members, veterans, and families is strongly desired. Expertise in trauma and resilience, health psychology, and multicultural counseling, qualitative research, and program evaluation are also desirable. Qualified applicants should be well-versed in the use of practice-based evidence and feedback informed treatment approaches.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- A doctorate (PsyD or PhD) in Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program
- Significant experience teaching full-time in a doctoral program is required
- Must hold licensure as a psychologist (HSP) or be license-eligible in TN
- If license-eligible, must be fully licensed in TN within 1 year of hire
- Highly qualified applicants will have knowledge of the practitioner-scholar training model as well as competencies established for Counseling Psychology doctoral programs
- Qualified applicants will have prior Director of Training experience or significant evidence of program leadership and participation in preparing a self-study for APA accreditation
- Qualified applicants will have experience chairing dissertations and supervising doctoral students
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please refer all questions to Dr. Nicole Knickmeyer, Chair, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (931) 221-7232
Applications are taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University (APSU) does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. See Non-discrimination Policy.