The Department of Psychiatry is seeking social workers or psychologists assigned to work in the Faculty Practice Organization at CUMC. These are full-time, clinical positions in an outpatient setting.
Primary responsibilities involve conducting diagnostic/intake evaluations of children, as well as individual and group therapy utilizing empirically supported treatments. Ideal applicants will have experience facilitating therapeutic groups including intensive therapy groups, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills groups and long-term supportive psychotherapy groups.
- Candidate(s) will conduct intake evaluations/diagnostic assessments of patients with psychiatric disorders and psychological distress
- Candidate(s) will provide group and individual psychotherapy
- Candidate(s) will work closely with a clinical team, including other psychologists/social workers, psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse-practitioners
- Candidate(s) will have opportunities to attend case conferences, peer supervision and Grand Rounds at CUMC. Opportunities may exist for clinical supervision and teaching
Minimum Degree Required:
Doctorate or professional equivalent
Special competence in related field
- PsyD or PhD in Clinical Psychology or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- NYS license required
- For psychologists: Instructor level requires graduation from an APA-accredited doctoral program in Clinical Psychology, and completion of an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship program