College of Physicians and Surgeons
Department of Psychiatry
Psychologist/Social Worker Job Opening at Columbia University Medical Center: Columbia Day Program
Position Titles: Associate in Clinical/Instructor/Assistant Professor level positions in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC)
The Department of Psychiatry is seeking social workers or psychologists assigned to work in the Faculty Practice Organization at CUMC. These are full-time, clinical positions in the Columbia Day Program. Primary responsibilities involve conducting group therapy utilizing empirically supported treatments, diagnostic/intake evaluations of adults, and individual treatment planning and progress monitoring with patients. Candidates should have previous experience providing outpatient treatment and working with a multi-disciplinary team. Experience and training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) preferred. Candidates with additional experience in evidence-supported treatment delivery for trauma, eating disorders and/or substance use are desired. Ideal applicants will have experience, familiarity and comfort working with high-risk patients, as well as young adults and college students. Applicants should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well across disciplines and function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Candidate(s) will conduct intake evaluations/diagnostic assessments of patients with psychiatric disorders and psychological distress
- Candidate(s) will provide group psychotherapy
- Candidate(s) will work closely with a clinical team, including other psychologists/social workers, psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse-practitioners
- Candidate(s) will have opportunities to attend case conferences, peer supervision and Grand Rounds at CUMC. Opportunities may exist for clinical supervision and teaching
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- PsyD or PhD in Clinical Psychology or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- NYS license required
- For psychologists: Instructor level requires graduation from an APA-accredited doctoral program in Clinical Psychology, and completion of an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship program. Assistant Professor level requires 2-3 years clinical experience in a hospital or private practice setting.
See our website for more information about our department: www.columbiapsychiatry.org
CU is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply: http://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/1699