Assistant Teaching Professor- Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment
University of California, San Diego
The Department of Psychology invites application for an Assistant Teaching Professor (Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment, LPSOE). This position is equivalent in level to other assistant professor positions, but with emphasis upon excellence in teaching and instruction-related activities. Teaching Professors are expected to provide more than excellent teaching. They have leadership responsibility, not only as teachers, but as facilitators and initiators of instructional development, curriculum design, teaching methods new instructional technologies, and department-wide coordination of teaching activities. Teaching Professors are expected to provide outstanding teaching, as well as to engage in professional activity (such as research on pedagogy) and service related to the pedagogical mission of the department and university (such as community outreach). This appointment confers membership in the Academic Senate, and, contingent upon promotion, tenure-paralleling security of employment.
Candidates will be favored who
- Have teaching expertise in any area of the psychological sciences
- Have demonstrated superlative accomplishment in the classroom or other instructional milieu
- Show potential for or demonstrated educational leadership in areas contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Will contribute to instruction-related activities (e.g., conducting TA training, curriculum development, creation of instructional materials including on-line instruction, employ new technologies) at the campus, statewide and national level
Applicants must have a PhD or ABD in psychology, cognitive science, or a closely allied field. Authorization to work in the US is required before employment.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin October 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, s to any documentation of teaching excellence (including instructional materials developed by the candidate, summaries of teaching evaluations, on-line instructional segments, reprints of scholarly articles particularly with a pedagogical focus), and a personal statement that summarizes their past or potential contributions to diversity (see http://facultyequity.ucsd.edu/Faculty-Applicant-C2D-Info.asp for further information). The candidate should also provide the names of three to five referees and request letters commenting on the candidate's pedagogical skills, among other attributes. All materials should be submitted electronically via UCSD's Academic Personnel On-Line RECRUIT at http://apptrkr.com/1293577. Please apply to the following job posting: Assistant Teaching Professor - Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, or, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Job location: San Diego, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated CV
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html site for more information
- Teaching Excellence - Including instructional materials developed by the candidate, summaries of teaching evaluations, on-line instructional segments, reprints of scholarly articles particularly with a pedagogical focus
- Teaching Excellence (Optional)
- Teaching Excellence (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
How to apply:
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1293577
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.