Department: Child and Adolescent Development Job ID (JOID): 25142
Specialization: Language Development
Rank: Assistant Professor/ Tenure-Track
The Department of Child and Adolescent Development (ChAD) within the Connie L. Lurie College of Education at San José State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. We seek candidates with research and teaching interests in language development, including (but not limited to) bi/multilingualism; contexts for language learning; interactions of language and culture; language learning across development; atypical language development; and/or the role of language in social, emotional, and/or cognitive development.
We are a team of dedicated teacher-scholars recognized for our commitment to excellent teaching, engaging students in research projects, and promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in child and adolescent development. The position involves teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, developing and maintaining an active research program, and engaging in academic, and professional service. Applicants should demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population, a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarly activity, and an ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from a wide range of ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● Doctorate in Child and Adolescent Development or a related field by time of appointment;
● Demonstrated potential for developing and maintaining a scholarly research program;
● Commitment to excellence in teaching across a range of courses within the department;
● Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; and
● Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.