The Department of Mental Health Law and Policy (MHLP), Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute (FMHI), College of Behavioral and Community Sciences (CBCS), University of South Florida (USF) invites applications from qualified candidates to fill a 9-month (tenure-earning) faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Salary is competitive and commensurate with rank. The successful candidate is expected to have, or to demonstrate the potential for, an independent program of research focused on public sector behavioral health services, with research foci in one or more of the following areas:
- Mental health and substance use services and policy
- Implementation science and behavioral health
- Veterans’ behavioral health
- Trauma-informed care
- Behavioral health issues within the adult and/or juvenile justice systems
- Forensic mental health services
- Underrepresented populations and disparities in behavioral health services
Applicants with demonstrated contributions to professional outreach related to behavioral health services who are interested in developing collaborative research partnerships with University colleagues, as well as local, state and federal agencies are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate is expected to be an active mentor and will teach one or more undergraduate and/or graduate level courses per semester.
USF is an equal opportunity employer and women and minorities are encouraged to apply.