Assistant Professor - Psychology (Tenure Track)
Location: Medgar Evers College
Medgar Evers College (MEC), a nationally recognized leader in urban-serving education, is one of twenty three colleges within the dynamic City University New York (CUNY) System. Named for the late civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers (1925-1963), the College's mission is to develop and maintain high quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of liberal education.
Located in Central Brooklyn, MEC was established in 1970 with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community, currently enrolling 7,000 students in degree programs. Students represent 105 countries around the world! MEC students obtain Associate degrees in 8 fields, and Baccalaureate degrees in 18 fields. They are instructed by over 208 Full-time dedicated faculty members who must maintain a portfolio of scholarship and research. To meet the needs of its students, the College offers courses and programs at various times, is growing their online program offerings, and in offsite locations. The College is committed to a student-centered education and advancing knowledge through scholarly research.
Medgar Evers College is seeking candidates for a position of Assistant Professor of Psychology, tenure track, with an expertise in clinical psychology with a focus on health disparities. The specific areas of research within health and clinical psychology disparities are open. Candidates must possess a PhD and eligibility for licensure is desired. The successful candidate will teach and share responsibility for college-wide committee and departmental assignments. The position starts August 2019.
PhD degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Candidates must possess a PhD in clinical psychology from an APA-accredited institution
- Record of prior undergraduate teaching experience with diverse student population
- Ability to show evidence of innovative, effective teaching in an active research program
- Past research productivity and prospective research program
- Potential for securing external funding
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please log on to: www.cuny.edu. Click on "Employment" and scroll down to "Search for Jobs." Click on "Search Job Listings" and select job category "Faculty."
Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click the appropriate link to register.
Applicants must upload cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume and teaching statement.
Review of resumes to begin on July 30, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.