The Department of Psychology in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences is accepting applications for Assistant Professor of Psychology. This is a tenure-track, faculty position. All Valdosta State University faculty share the responsibility of teaching courses at multiple levels as needed in their respective disciplines. To carry out our comprehensive mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to successfully engage students as they launch or continue their intellectual journey.
The primary teaching responsibilities will be introductory psychology courses and undergraduate courses that support the BA and BS degrees in psychology. Courses are both seated and online.
Required qualifications include:
• Ph.D. in psychology from a regionally-accredited university with a specialization in cognitive-experimental psychology;
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion;
• Commitment to recruitment, retention, and student success.
Preference will be given to those with:
- Evidence of undergraduate teaching in both seated and online environments;
- Undergraduate teaching of statistics, experimental, and introductory psychology, as well as undergraduate courses related to one’s specialty area (e.g., cognitive, sensation and perception, memory, etc.);
- Implementation of APA guidelines for undergraduate psychology majors;
- Conducting and publishing research with students.
Online application is required.
With over 600 majors enrolled in the B.A and B.S. degree programs, psychology represents one of the largest undergraduate majors at VSU. All faculty offices and labs are in Converse Hall. The department is one of seven in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which offers 23 undergraduate and graduate degrees and three minors. Visit the psychology department’s web site at https://www.valdosta.edu/psychology.
Valdosta State University is a comprehensive university with a student enrollment of approximately 11,300. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information visit http://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit http://www.valdostachamber.com.
Online application is required and should be submitted no later than October 31, 2019. For more information contact Dr. Mark Smith at 229-245-6517 or email@example.com. Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.