Midwestern State University
Assistant Professor, Social Psychology
The Psychology Department at Midwestern State University invites applications for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2019. Midwestern State University is a leading public liberal arts university committed to providing students with a rigorous undergraduate and graduate education. Midwestern State University prides itself on an emphasis on teaching, undergraduate research participation, and high-impact teaching.
Wichita Falls, TX is home to Midwestern State University. Wichita Falls is a quiet community located in North Central Texas, approximately two hours from both the Dallas/Ft.Worth metroplex and Oklahoma City.
The Search Committee gives preference to candidates whose research and teaching complement that currently within the department. The successful applicant will primarily teach a 4/4 load with three unique courses. Additionally, it is expected that the successful applicant maintain an active research agenda, promote undergraduate research opportunities, fulfill service requirements, and provide academic advising.
The successful candidate must:
- Have earned a doctorate in Social Psychology, Experimental Psychology, or a closely related area, by August 2019 (ABD acceptable at the rank of Instructor. PhD required by August 2020)
- Demonstrate a commitment to high-quality undergraduate education
- Be able to teach a range of undergraduate courses including General Psychology, Writing in Psychology, Research Methods, Social Psychology, and Developmental Psychology
- Exhibit a record of sustainable research able to integrate undergraduate students
- Demonstrate the ability to work collegially
The Search Committee is particularly interested in candidates with:
- Previous experience implementing high-impact teaching practices (e.g., learning communities, service learning)
- The ability to teach Developmental Psychology at the graduate level to students enrolledin the Masters in Clinical/Counseling Psychology program
- Experience delivering high-quality online teaching
Applicants will submit a letter of intent addressing both the Required and Preferred Qualifications; a curriculum vita; graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. All materials will be submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to:
Faculty Search Committee
Department of Psychology, Midwestern State University
3410 Taft Blvd
Wichita Falls, TX76308
Please direct any questions to Dr. David Carlston, Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review begins immediately. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by November 1, 2018. Position is open until filled.
This position is designated as security sensitive and requires the finalist to complete a criminal background check. Midwestern State University is an EEO/ADAAA compliance employer.