California State Univerisity, Monterey Bay
Assistant Professor of Psychology (FAC2018-293)
Apply online now! Priority screening date is 11/1/2018. Position opened until filled.
- Teach lower and upper division courses across the psychology curriculum, for example, biopsychology, cognitive psychology, learning, motivation, decision-making, behavioral neuroscience, drugs and the brain, research methods, psychological statistics, capstone, writing in the discipline, and directed research
- Commit to service to the department, campus, and community
- Develop a research program that fully integrates undergraduate researchers and complements the research foci of the faculty in the department
- PhD in psychology or related field by the time of appointment
- Experience teaching using a variety of techniques such as discussion, team-based learning, problem-based learning, interactive lecture, peer-instruction, etc.
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas
- Experience in start-up environments that required flexibility and innovation
- Team player who is focused on community-building in the department, campus, and beyond
Special Conditions of Employment
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
How to Apply
A completed online application and all required materials must be received by University Personnel by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screening date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB will not fax application materials.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library (map). Please check the provided for the respective hours and the location.
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender entity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Quick for Job Posting: http://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/4473