The Department of Psychology at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida invites applications for a full-time, continuing track position of Assistant Professor of Psychology beginning in August 2020.
The Psychology Department offers a BS in psychology with three specializations: Forensic, Industrial/Organizational, and Child and Adolescent Development. We also offer an MS in Clinical Psychology, with a forensic specialization, taught within a scientist-practitioner model. The curriculum requires a master’s thesis.Essential Functions
The applicant should be able to teach a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses related to clinical psychology including theories of personality, abnormal psychology, psychological assessment, and within a cognitive-behavioral framework, individual, group, and family therapy, and provide clinical supervision.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Academic advising of undergraduate and graduate students,
- Supervision of undergraduate research, supervision of master’s thesis research, departmental service, university service, community service, and sustained scholarship
- The position requires a PhD in clinical psychology. Forensic background preferred.
- Licensed as a psychologist in the state of Florida,
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching experience and research experience.
Applicants should send a letter of interest that includes a statement of their teaching philosophy and a statement of their research history and plans; a curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, graduate transcripts, and evidence of teaching effectiveness and scholarly work to Dr. Frank Muscarella, Chair, Department of Psychology at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on October 15th and will continue until the position is filled.