The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling at Marian University in Indianapolis, IN seeks a dynamic and innovative leader for the tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Psychology who will demonstrate academic excellence and the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students. A specialization in Clinical or Counseling Psychology is required. Candidates should possess the ability to teach traditional psychology undergraduates and graduate students in counseling.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings in many areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching load: 24 credits per academic year
- Teach a variety of primarily undergraduate courses in the general education curriculum and specialized courses in clinical, counseling, and related areas
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects
- Engage in research, scholarship, and other professional activities
- Mentor students through advising, research, and internship opportunities
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University
- A completed doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology
- Licensure or eligibility and willingness to pursue licensure as a health and human services provider strongly preferred
- Clinical/Counseling experience beyond the practicum and internship preferred
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction
- Potential for ongoing research, publication, and activity in professional associations
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to be a team player who can collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds
Marian University is located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report's list of Midwest Region colleges, as well as Money magazine's list of Top 10 schools in Indiana "For Your Money". Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 10 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work. All applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
Marian University is an EOE