Assistant Professor - Clinical Psychology - Statistics
Position Category: Faculty
Under the direction of the Dean, the Assistant Professor is responsible for providing academic instruction to students for the assigned graduate courses. The Assistant Professor is to serve as an academic advisor to students and serve on faculty or university committees.
Provide academic instruction to students through lecture; assess and develop student communication skills and higher-order thinking skills through appropriate assignments and activities*
Advise and instruct students regarding programs of study, lifelong learning resources, and effective study skills; refer students to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate*
Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and student learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, and examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner to student inquiries in class, online, or during established office hours.*
Plan and organize instruction according to approved course outlines and student learning outcomes to maximize student learning in alignment with program and university mission/goals; implement the student performance objectives as listed on the official course outline of record*
Maintain current, accurate records of course enrollment, attendance, student academic progress, and student learning outcomes.
Evaluate and select instructional materials such as textbooks, manuals, software, and tools in collaboration, as appropriate, with other faculty; order instructional materials according to campus bookstore procedure to ensure timely delivery*
Perform related duties as assigned.
- Applied statistical methodologies commonly utilized in applied psychology
- Research methodology
- Basic content areas of scientific psychology
- Current theory and practice within clinical psychology
- Principles and best practices of effective teaching
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge in the subject field or discipline
- Deliver course curricula in support of various learning styles
- Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
- Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of students with disabilities.
- Integrate current and emerging instructional delivery technologies into the learning process to enhance teaching and the educational experience
- Maintain professional standards that protect student confidentiality
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action
- Demonstrate commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth within subject field or discipline
A PhD or PsyD degree in Clinical Psychology (or closely related field) from an APA-accredited program.
- Preference will be given to applicants from APA-accredited doctoral programs in clinical psychology who are licensed as psychologists in California
- Experience or ability to teach at the doctoral-level, in particular research methods or statistical courses, courses in psychological science, and experience or ability to chair dissertations
Licenses and Other Requirements:
License eligibility as a psychologist in the State of California.
Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment; speaking to exchange information, provide instruction and make presentations; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; pushing, pulling or lifting light objects; bending and reaching to store and/or retrieve files.
Posting Number: Faculty000022019
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/26/2019
Open Date: 02/01/2019
Close Date: 2/28/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Application Procedure/Special Instructions:
Applicants must have a PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology or a closely related field from an APA -accredited program. Applicants who are not licensed as a psychologist in California are required to submit a stated plan for licensure within two years of appointment, including the requirement of pre- and/or post-doctoral Supervised Professional Experience as required by the State of California.
We look forward to reading your application! Review of applications will begin March 1, 2019.
Make sure to include the following with your application:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications of the position and how you are prepared to support the HSI designation of Cal Lutheran and adapt to the needs of underrepresented and first-generation students
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Statement of teaching philosophy that addresses your experience and/or motivation to teach and mentor underrepresented and first-generation students
- Statement of research and any other scholarly/creative activities pertinent to your professional identity
- Diversity Statement: Please submit a statement regarding your awareness of diversity as it pertains to the clinical, research, and professional practice of psychology
- 3 letters of reference (an email is sent to your references from the application system for them to upload through the “postings” portal)
- As applicable: Plan for licensure
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1391043
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program, activity or facility of the University on the basis of these factors in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, ordinances, orders and rules, and University’s policies, procedures, and processes.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.