CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY
The Department of Psychology invites applications for an ASSISTANT COLLEGE LECTURER who will effectively strengthen its undergraduate program. (For information about the department, see: https://www.csuohio.edu/sciences/psychology/psychology). The University, college of Sciences and Health Professions, and Department seek to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber. The appointment will begin on January 7, 2019 or August 19, 2019, and may be renewed annually, contingent on performance, program needs, and availability of budgetary resources. The appointee is expected to teach four courses per semester.
We seek an individual who will teach a broad range of courses or an individual who will specialize in teaching one of:
- Neuroscience-emphasis courses
- Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology Lab
- Courses that emphasize understanding individual and cultural diversity from a psychological perspective
The appointee may be able to develop new courses, to teach graduate-level courses, and to supervise honors and other undergraduate research projects. Department, college, and university service are expected.
Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree in psychology or related field by October 15, 2018.
- College teaching experience
- Teaching interests in a domain specified above (general, neuroscience, introduction to psychology, psychology lab, diversity)
- The ability to contribute through teaching and/or service to the diversity, cultural sensitivity, and excellence of the academic community
Required application materials:
(word or pdf files uploaded at http://hrjobs.csuohio.edu/postings/9436 include:
- Letter describing how you satisfy each preferred qualification
- Evidence of your teaching success (if available)
- Your curriculum vitae
Applicants will be asked to identify and provide email addresses for three referees who will be asked to upload letters of recommendation.
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2018.
Inquiries may be sent firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications; hiring is contingent on maintaining existing levels of funding from the state of Ohio. Any offer of employment is contingent on the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or University policies or practices, including but not limited to a criminal background check.
It is the policy of Cleveland State University to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, or, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender entity and/or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xzwn2kkzbn4njqgj