Company Name:

University of Oklahoma Health Science Center

Location:

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Approximate Salary:

Not Specified

Job Category:

Adolescent Psychology

Work Setting:

Clinic

Position Type:

Full Time

Required Experience:

2 - 5 years

Required Education:

PsyD

Date Posted:

September 16, 2019

This job has expired and you can't apply for it anymore. Start a new search.

Assistant/Associate Professor, Adolescent Medicine

The University of Oklahoma
Health Sciences Center
Department of Pediatrics

Assistant/Associate Professor
Adolescent Medicine


The Section of Adolescent Medicine in OU Pediatrics is recruiting a doctoral level faculty psychologist at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank who has an interest in adolescents and their families. The section's scope of practice includes a medically-based yet highly interdisciplinary inpatient eating disorder program at The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center that treats patients age 10- 23 years. The section is also in a unique position to provide medical and psychosocial support for transgender youth. In addition, an interdisciplinary outpatient clinic provides psychotherapy for adolescents presenting with complex health issues including PCOS, obesity, menstrual disorders, chronic fatigue, and chronic pain syndromes. The position is 70% - 80% clinical (clinician educator track) with the other 20% - 30% consisting of resident/ medical student education and a mix of research, program development, and service as the candidate's interest dictates.

Clinical responsibilities include providing assessment, individual and family therapy as a member of an interdisciplinary team of Adolescent Health providers. A strong relational focus that incorporates cognitive behavioral strategies (including ACT and DBT) as well as an orientation to family systems work is preferred. Experience in treating disordered eating is preferred but not required.

There are established and emerging needs in Oklahoma City, the region, and the state to be met in serving adolescents and their families. We are seeking an enthusiastic, engaged psychologist clinician interested in a career in academic medicine in a growing section, department, and community. The section functions as a highly collaborative and supportive working group moving thoughtfully to plan and establish its clinical services and academic program with the ultimate goal of optimizing the health of adolescents in this state.

Salary and benefits are highly competitive for a qualified candidate. Must be Oklahoma license eligible.

A letter of application and curriculum vitae should be sent to: Amy B. Middleman, M. D. M. S. Ed., M. P. H., Professor and Chief, Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Oklahoma HSC, 1200 Children's Avenue, Suite 12502, Oklahoma City, OK 73104.

The University of Oklahoma is an EO/AA Institution http://www.ou.edu/eoo/. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.


Apply Now
This job has expired and you can't apply for it anymore