UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA, Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor, Counseling Psychology
The University of North Dakota seeks a full-time, tenure track Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor in Counseling Psychology, serving the APA-accredited Counseling Psychology Ph.D. and Counseling MA programs. Responsibilities include maintaining an active research line, teaching graduate courses, advising master’s and doctoral students; and serving on department and college committees. The position may include serving as the Training Director (or Co-Director) for the PhD program beginning by Year 2.
● Doctorate from APA-accredited Counseling Psychology program or closely related field
● Licensed/License Eligible as a Psychologist in North Dakota
● Successful graduate teaching.
Preferred Skills/Desirable Qualifications:
● Expertise in diversity, social justice, and service provision to underrepresented and/or rural populations (UND Strategic Plan’s Goal 5 & Goal 4, Grand Challenge #3).
● Expertise or experience in child/adolescent populations.
● A research agenda or expertise in behavioral health challenges or health disparities (UND Strategic Plan’s Goal 4, Grand Challenge #2), especially in a K-12 environment.
● Experience in administration or coordination
● Demonstrated success in or potential for quality publications and federal grants
● Experience and interest in teaching personality and cognitive assessment
To Apply: We will begin reviewing applications on October 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Please submit the following through AppliTrack on the UND website:
● A cover letter of application highlighting qualifications for the position
● A statement of research (not to exceed 2 pages)
● A complete curriculum vita
● Names and contact information for three references (references will not be contacted without notice)
Please direct questions to Dr. Rachel Navarro (firstname.lastname@example.org) Search Committee Chair. UND is an AA/EEO/Vets/Disabled Vets employer.