Nashville Child and Family Wellness Center (NCFWC) is seeking a full or part-time therapist to provide DBT and CBT treatment to adolescents. Experience working with emotionally dysregulated populations, of middle school and high school ages, including chronic suicidality/self injurious behaviors is a must. An ability to conduct intake assessments, develop a treatment plan, and implement evidence-based treatment, including DBT, is imperative. Primary job duties include conducting intake assessments, providing individual DBT and CBT therapy with adolescents, working with parents and families, and conducting DBT Skills groups. Caseload will be a mix of DBT and non-DBT clients. Highly experienced candidates will be considered for a DBT leadership position. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, other therapists, neurofeedback providers, all dedicated to continued professional education, providing high quality services, and creating a supportive workplace.
- Must be skilled in conceptualizing treatment through a DBT and CBT lens and well-versed in basic components of DBT, CBT, and exposure-based modalities.
- Must possess knowledge of DBT and experience conducting group and individual DBT with adolescents.
- Must be committed to ongoing DBT training and practice including participation on a DBT Consultation Team.
- Must be able to effectively work with parents and address possible obstacles to treatment for both adolescent and families.
- Experience providing other behavioral and exposure-based treatments a plus.
- Experience conducting evidence-based trauma therapies a plus.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work within a team and to work independently.
- Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required, but schedule has some flexibility.
Applicants must have 3 years or more experience working with adolescents and families or with emotionally dysregulated populations including chronic suicidality/self injurious behaviors. This position requires a Masters Degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work with preference towards those with a doctoral degree in Psychology. Candidates must be licensed or license-eligible to practice in the State of Tennessee. NCFWC will provide additional DBT training to the right person.
Job Type: Full or part-time salaried position.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits offered.
Interested and qualified candidates, please send resume, coverletter, and references to:
Nashville Child and Family Wellness Center, 85 White Bridge Road, Suite 302, Nashville, TN 37205. Or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.