Administrator- Mental Health Crisis Stabilization -LCSW/LMFT/PsyD/PhD - 345
Posted: February 4, 2019
San Bernardino, CA - San Bernardino Windsor Center
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 120 programs and over 3,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, the Windsor Center CSU will offer 24/7 voluntary treatment to individuals ages 13 and above who are suffering a mental health crisis but wish to avoid a locked setting. This program is located in San Bernardino, CA. It will use a welcoming, home-like environment to help assess the nature of the crisis, soothe and comfort the individual, and connect them with resources to avoid future crisis. Services are recovery-oriented, and will utilize a multi-disciplinary team approach.
The Administrator manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Program. This involves ensuring regulatory compliance, actively overseeing Quality Assurance Performance Improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all Corporate departments and outside consultants. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Acts as the representative of the program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
- Masters in Social Services with one of the following current and valid California Clinical license: LCSW/LMFT/PsyD/PhD
- Four (4) years of experience in an administrative management position in a health care setting
- Two (2) years of responsibility for supervision of professional staff, budgeting, program planning and licensing
- Must be able to provide supervision to registered interns/associates
- Must have an understanding of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts and the Recovery Philosophy
- A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations and issues in urban settings are highly desirable
- Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment
- Bilingual Highly preferred
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. This position requires driving. A valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at Outpatient program, must evade clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Program. Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program
- Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
- Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
- Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times. Acts as liaison between the program and State/County customers and community partners
- Establishes staffing requirements for all departments. Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Program
- Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
- Supervises all department managers and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments. Directs recruitment, employee selection, and, when necessary, disciplinary action within the Program
- Ensures that the Program is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations
- Ensures compliance with Telecare's policies and procedures
- Establishes the vision for the facility
- Manages all strategic planning activities of the program
- Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare's stakeholders, including persons served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct
- Establishes the culture of the Program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture
- Acts as the Program's liaison to the Corporate office, ensuring corporate initiatives are implemented and maintained
- Reviews other licensed staff as required by staffing needs
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations
- Good communication, team building and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles
- Good customer relations skills
- Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disabilities
Masters or better.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1392860