School-Based Behavioral Health Consultant Position!
Would you like to have a career that makes a daily difference in people’s lives? Do you want to be part of a caring, respectful, diverse community?
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it, regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you make, what language you speak or what your health is, because everyone deserves great care.
Identifies triages and co-manages patients with medical and behavioral health problems within the school-based health primary care setting. Provides skill training through psycho-education and patient education strategies and develops specific behavioral change plans for patients and behavioral health protocols for target populations.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Assist primary health care provider in recognizing and treating mental disorders and psychosocial problems, and behavioral medicine problems.
- Assessment and triage: conduct initial screening visit of 30 minutes or less, evaluate level of functioning, determine risk level, assist with diagnosis and behavioral management of HealthPoint patients.
- Work with primary care team (primary care provider, nutritionist) to treat and manage patients with emotional and/or health problems efficiently and effectively assisting in the development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Provide behavioral health care to minors in accordance with Washington State Law; maintain strict adherence to confidentiality policies.
- Work with primary care provider to refer cases to mental health specialists as appropriate. Assist school personnel with referrals as needed. Evaluate patient care plans with primary care team.
- Teach patients self care. Teach families and health center staff techniques for patient care. Teach patients and health center staff techniques for prevention of risks to the well-being of the patient and techniques for treatment enhancement of the patients.
- Develop and conduct educational workshops and group visits to promote skill building, education, and improved health for patients and the overall student population.
- Provide consultation and/or education to school personnel (e.g. school counselors, principals, and teachers) as needed.
- Maintain, improve, and develop positive relationships with school staff (e.g. school counselors, principals, and teachers).
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services, making recommendations for improvement, and identify linkages to beneficial community resources and external specialty services.
- Responsible for group supervision of behavioral health students and/or interns. May be responsible for individual supervision of students and/or interns as needed.
This is not an exhaustive list of all Behavioral Health Consultant – SBHC Duties.
Must have’s you’ll need to be successful:
- Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Washington licensed/license eligible.
- Maintain current registration/licensure with Washington.
- A license-eligible clinician is expected to become licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Washington within one year of hire.
- Experience in a health care/medical setting is required.
- Experience working with adolescent population required.
Proof of immunity to varicella, measles, mumps and rubella is a condition of employment. Prospective employees must provide proof at time of offer.